Your name is your identity. It is how those around identify you. Similarly, a domain name is how those surfing the net identify your website. But the difference is that you can choose the names that you want for your business. At Designfort we make it an easy and inexpensive affair to get the domain name that you want.
Why is a Domain Name important for your business?
- Lends a sense of credibility: A domain name adds credibility to your small business. Having your own domain name makes your company look professional and serious about your work ethic. If you publish your site through an ISP or a free Web hosting site, you’ll end up with a URL such as "www.yourisp.com/-yourbusiness". This generic address does not inspire confidence in a customer like a "www.yourcompany.com" domain name does.
- It makes you look 'forward thinking': A domain name says you’re forward-thinking. Having your own domain name indicates you’re part of the Digital Revolution, and it implies that you’re up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- It lends you a boost in internet mobility: A domain name adds mobility to your internet presence. Owning your own domain name lets you take that name with you if you transfer Web hosts or switch to your own in-house server.
- It can attract potential business: The right domain name can attract walk-in business. If you decide to register a domain name that matches the concept of your business (instead of your exact business name), you might draw Web surfers in search of that topic. For instance, a hardware store that registered 'ToyysRus .com might get visitors looking for toys on the Internet.
- It builds your brand: A domain name builds your brand. More than anything else, a domain name can increase awareness of your brand. If your domain name matches your company name, it reinforces your brand, making it easier for customers to remember and return.