Mobile apps are now a part and parcel of our entire business arsenal. We cannot imagine conducting our daily activities without them at our beck and call. So what goes into making a good user experience apps? Here are some of the many important points to keep in mind when developing one.
1. Understand Your Audience Well: It is extremely important that you understand your target audience at a personal level. Only then will you be able to make their life smoother with your perfectly tailored apps. Always place yourself in their shoes and go the extra mile in them to get an idea of what exactly they expect from your app.
2. Choose a Simple Design: Most of your users may not be techies or adept in using gadgets. Make sure that the app design is an extremely simple one so that it can be easily used even by a non-technical person.
3. Offline Performance Matters: The user will highly appreciate the usability of your app if it can offer an offline experience as well. From experience, it is known that most of those popular apps work effectively even when they are offline. Minimal power consumption is also another unique feature that goes well with your users.
4. Customize Your App: When designing the app, be well aware of the basic design features of the operating system for which you are building the app. Since no two operating systems can be used in the same manner, the same app may not suitable to both. As such, you can say that hybrid is the way to go.
5. Accessibility across Multiple Platforms: Make sure that your app functions effectively across multiple platforms. It is quite likely for your users to keep switching from one platform to another at any given time. Even the slightest inconvenience in availing the app in a different platform may irritate users, causing them to give up on your app.
6. Minimal Features: Like too many cooks who can spoil the broth so too can app developers, in an attempt to fix too many features, most often. Do not confuse the user by providing too many options. Your app must essentially have only one important purpose. Be crystal clear about what that purpose is. Never force one app to serve multiple functions. It is always better to go for a clean and simple app that performs just one or two tasks and rather than performing multiple tasks.
7. Adequate Checks: The app should be well tested at all the different levels of its development to avoid technical and non-technical glitches. Before the final release, check the app as a whole, to ensure that no error or irregularity of any kind has affected it. Whichever way you choose, it is extremely important to ensure that the app does not crash outright and smooth operational capacity is maintained.
8. Ensure Consistent Performance: Just imagine how you would react if you had trouble operating your phone because of a particular app that was causing some issue or the other. You surely will not think twice to get it deleted from your device. Realize that it is the same way with your user as well.
9. Enhanced Response Speed: Make sure that your mobile app gets loaded really fast. Apps that require too much time to process will be deleted sooner if not, later. Ideally, an app should not take more than three seconds to be loaded. If it keeps the user waiting for longer than that, then consider your app to be promptly be replaced by another one.
10. Query Users: After all, your app is designed keeping user preferences in mind. Then why not ask them straight away what kind of apps do they need? Make good use of your social media network and try posting the right kind of questions out there. Let your visitors give you tips on how exactly they would like the app to be designed.